Interlude

Cinder
Marissa Meyer

Fingers Crossed

Untold - Sarah Rees Brennan

One of the things that I really liked about the first book was that the author didn't drag out the reveal of who Jared really is. Kami and Jared realize the first time meeting. I was really worried that this would be dragged out to create misunderstandings and drama.

Unfortunately, this book looks like it is going to be nothing but misunderstandings and drama. I have the horrible suspicion that I won't end up finishing it. Which is a shame, since I really did enjoy MOST of the first one.

I would have loved to read a story about them reconciling and coming together and working through the relationship and the crazy events going on around them. But if it's a constant back-and-forth, will they/won't they type deal... Nope. Don't think I can do it.

I thought what they had could be special. They had a connection literally all their lives. It cheapens it and turns it into any "regular" high school drama romance. No way I can take that kind of relationship seriously. I mean, maybe the problem is that I'm..28? I think? (Man, at some point you start losing track.) I have a husband, a kid, a mortgage to worry about... It's hard for me to look at high school romance stories and be like, go for it! It's totally going to work out! Only it's not because you're 17 and will probably break up in college. So, when a potentially good love story comes along...and then it falls flat because of the need for DRAMA and MISUNDERSTANDINGS... I just can't bring myself to care.